Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and share in my journey. This journey started in February of 2009 and I am hoping to stay strong. Every time you leave a comment it truly encourages me to stay healthy. Thank you to everyone who has ever left a comment and to everyone who will leave a comment in the future. You would be surprised how easily you can encourage someone with just a few words. If you would like to see a little bit of where I was, please check out my first post on Day 1. I have been encouraged by so many other healthy bloggers out there as well. This journey will last me a life time because it truly has to be a lifestyle commitment. I also hope that you can be encouraged by my small triumphs. Thank you all for your support!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Week In Review

So, I was supposed to post again on Monday and all of a sudden it is already Saturday. The week just flew right by!! I can't believe how fast it has been going. Sometimes the days seem long but the week just flies right by. As of this week I am OFFICIALLY 32 weeks... That's 8 months!! I feel like it was just yesterday that I announced that i was pregnant. I must admit that I have had such an easy pregnancy! I have been so lucky with this one. I hope the labor is just as smooth! Here is my 32-week picture. I am definitely looking prego now!

Tuesday: This week my girls had a basketball game and they played AWESOME!! I must say that this was probably their best game all season. They played SO much like a team. I was so proud of them!! :-) I have no pictures from the game cause I am certainly to busy being in to the game but I will have to get someone to take pictures soon as the season ends mid-February (unless we go to play-offs, of course).

Wednesday: On Wednesday I went over to my friend, Teresa's, house for some pancakes. She is 3 weeks behind in her pregnancy. She has been having a bit of a rough pregnancy and is currently on bed rest so I was happy to go over there and make some pancakes. If I would have been thinking a little bit more clearly, I would have certainly brought my camera. But I'm not that bummed because the pancakes didn't look like anything special. She is stuck on her couch all day, everyday, so I am going to try to go over there every Wednesday morning and either bring her breakfast or make her breakfast. Teresa is an old acquaintance from high school. I say acquaintance because I don't think either one of us would say we were friends in high school. We got along but I we didn't ever hang out. But shortly after I became pregnant we reconnected and have been bonding and building a relationship as we go through our pregnancies together. Another hilarious thing is that her husband's name is Todd and they are going to name their daughter Taelyn. That's all T's - just like us!! Cool, huh? Perhaps that's only cool to me. :-)

Terecita & Teresa. Can you believe my name means "Little Teresa" but I am the giant. Believe it or not, I am 3 weeks ahead of her. :-)

In addition, our adoption social worker that has been doing our home study came by to see us and he gave us our "official" letter stating that our home study was approved. That is so nice to have. And a brief update on the court case is that birth rights were officially terminated on December 14th of 2009 and we have since then just been in the 60-day waiting period to see if the birth parents appeal. As of today, neither parent has appealed. YAY! If after the 60 days no one has appealed, then we can probably finalize by March/April!!! However, if one of the parents do appeal, there will be a minimum of a 6-month appeal process. Grr... So, I really hope they don't appeal.

Friday: On Friday morning I had to go in for a 3-hour glucose test. That meant that I had to get blood drawn FOUR times in 3 hours!! That was not fun. I had to fast before-hand and I was not allowed to eat or drink anything for the whole 3 hours. I also was not allowed to leave the building. Lucky for me there was another pregnant woman that had to do the test, too, that came in shortly after me so we pretty much talked the whole time which made the time fly by. But by the time the test was over, I was HUNGRY!!! So, I decided to treat myself to a pizza from The Gourmet Pizza Shoppe (a local pizza place). This place is a little bit expensive but I felt that I had earned it after getting a needle stuck in my arm four times in 3 hours.

Friday night is usually family night. So, we decided that we were going to play with some Play-Doh. I'm sure that doesn't sound to exciting but we had a good time with it. Here is what we made:

This is mine. It was a pond with rocks, and grass and tress.

This is hubby's. He made a house with a walkway, driveway, trees, his truck in the driveway, and him pushing the lawn mower out front. (He's a landscaper)
And here is Tyler's. He also made a house, with furniture inside, and his bike outside.
We were all sad when we had to take them all apart. :-(

After that, and after putting Tyler to bed, my friend invited me to go with her for a mommy's night out. We basically went to another ladies house and made cards. It was kind of strange for me cause it's not the typical thing that I do but I got some good cards out of it. Here a few pics:
Now it is Saturday and we did absolutely nothing. Tyler had apparently lost his mind last night while I was gone and so today was full of consequences... Bummer. It was such a nice day outside that it sucked to be stuck indoors.

So, that is my week in review. I tried to keep it brief - which wasn't too hard since my week wasn't too exciting. Tomorrow I hope to post some of the goodies that I made as Christmas gifts since I never posted them. I know it's a little late for that but I really wanted to get them posted on the site.

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your tummy looks SOOOO CUTE!!! I love it!
I remember Teresa from school too!! We were never "friends" either but I would love to see her sometime too! Bed rest, poor thing! She may not be at your shower then?
See you soon!