Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and share in my journey. This journey started in February of 2009 and I am hoping to stay strong. Every time you leave a comment it truly encourages me to stay healthy. Thank you to everyone who has ever left a comment and to everyone who will leave a comment in the future. You would be surprised how easily you can encourage someone with just a few words. If you would like to see a little bit of where I was, please check out my first post on Day 1. I have been encouraged by so many other healthy bloggers out there as well. This journey will last me a life time because it truly has to be a lifestyle commitment. I also hope that you can be encouraged by my small triumphs. Thank you all for your support!

Friday, November 27, 2009

Pajama Staycation

Hello Everyone!! I hope that you all had a splendid Thanksgiving!! Ours was great. Sadly, I managed to take ZERO pictures. We went to eat dinner at my parents' house. I wish I would have taken pictures cause everything was so DELISH!! My dad made one of his best turkeys this year! We also had all the goods on the side: stuffing, potato salad, rolls, collard greens, corn, sweet potatoes, gravy (of course!!), cranberry sauce, and let's not forget dessert - which we had pumpkin pie, apple pie, and rice krispy treats!!! Everything was so good that I wish I had more room in my stomach! For the most part, that is all I have to report for Thanksgiving since I took no pictures. Everything is always low-key at my parents' house. When we go to my in-laws' house there is a lot more going on. Maybe next year we will go there (or go to both like normal).

Oh wait! I did forget that the boys went outside and started working on our garden after we got back. I don't how they did that cause I was completely ready for sleep, even though it was only 4pm. All they did was start digging up the ground. They dug out about 10 of these 1-foot squares of grass. Taylor told me that he was going to use it to make Tyler a "Lawn Chair". While, I thought he was joking, he really did make Tyler a LAWN chair. It was pretty funny. It even included an end table. :-) Very creative!
On to our PAJAMA STAYCATION!!!

We decided that today was going to be an absolute chill day. Originally, it was going to be all three of us but then the hubby decided that he had to work. :-( But we still decided to make the best of it. Last night we prepared EVERYTHING so that today we wouldn't have to make anything, wash anything, or make any effort other than for our simple enjoyment. So, last night, we cut up fruits and veggies, made sandwiches, made a pumpkin, and made some rice krispy treats. We made sure that we had enough food for us to last through the day.

So, we started the morning with mini muffins, lots of fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, oranges), bagels, and some nature's valley trail mix bars.
At about 11:30ish, I started bringing out the sandwiches. We made tuna, PB & J, and just jelly. All the sandwiches were cut in to four squares. I don't have any pics of this because hubby had already left for work and I was using his cell phone to take the pictures (still camera-less).

Throughout the day, we spent the whole day hanging out. We played a couple of games of Yahtzee - I won once, and Tyler won once, we watched a movie (Disney's Tarzan), we did a couple of crafts, we started some Christmas decorating, and did LOTS of snacking!

We cut out and decorated some self-standing stars, using poster board, glitter and sticker stars. Tyler originally put puff balls on his star but then decided he didn't want them.
Later, we decorated our Christmas stockings. I don't know why we didn't do this year, but I guess that's a good thing because it gave us the opportunity to do it this year. We used glitter, foam stickers, and puff balls. Tyler and I decorated the hubby's stocking for him since he wasn't here (and he's not really that into doing artsy-craft type things).

After that, I started busting out some of the dessert-type snacks, like Chips Ahoy Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies, Rice Krispy Treats, Pumpkin pie.

I, of course, went straight for a Rice Krispy Treat!!
Amongst all this goodness, we managed to start putting up Christmas decorations, and we watched a movie, and just enjoyed each others' company. It was quite a much-needed, relaxing day. We should do this more often. We didn't have to once think of what to eat. We just snacked ALL day! It was the best way for us to spend BLACK FRIDAY!! Much better than crazy shopping. :-)

How did you all spend your Black Friday??

Tomorrow we are hoping to get in a couple hours up in Angelous Oaks to enjoy some of the great nature that we have out here while the weather is so nice out here. We're not sure if we are going to be able to do this cause hubby is planning on working a half-day, but that usually turns in to a whole day. Hopefully not this time.

I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving and is enjoying the rest of their Thanksgiving weekend!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi from Montecito, California. Thanks for visiting Jefferson's Table. We love your Pajama Staycation and it's the perfect thing to do on "Black Friday" The lawnchair is unique...in a good way! best to you, s

Tangled Noodle said...

Yay for staycations! We had my husband's family at our house for Thanksgiving dinner and we enjoyed just sitting, eating, talking and being together. 8-)