Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and share in my journey. This journey started in February of 2009 and I am hoping to stay strong. Every time you leave a comment it truly encourages me to stay healthy. Thank you to everyone who has ever left a comment and to everyone who will leave a comment in the future. You would be surprised how easily you can encourage someone with just a few words. If you would like to see a little bit of where I was, please check out my first post on Day 1. I have been encouraged by so many other healthy bloggers out there as well. This journey will last me a life time because it truly has to be a lifestyle commitment. I also hope that you can be encouraged by my small triumphs. Thank you all for your support!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For The Friend On The Deserted Island!! :-)

Hello All!!

As you know I have a friend who is also pregnant but she has been on bed rest for quite some time. And since she was unable to come to the baby shower, I told her that I would post lots of pictures so that it would feel like she was there. So, now I am FINALLY getting to do that... so sorry Teresa for not getting to this sooner. So, for anyone who was not able to actually be at the shower, I hope you all enjoy these photos. As nervous as I was about the shower, I actually really enjoyed it and thought it turned out well. :-)

Enter baby shower! Decorations & Party Favors! :-)


Now, on to some food! Mmmm!!! It was so good!! My mom was awesome and cooked everything (with the exception of fruit trays and desserts). But the REALLY good stuff was all my mom!! And it was all filipino. Everyone's tummy was happy! :-)

This is the food table. I wish I would have taken pictures before everyone started devouring the food but... live and learn :-) And then, of course my plate. Mmmm.... Goodness!!!

This is Ashley. She is one of the teacher's assistants in my son's class. Apparently they tell me that she never eats anything but on this day she piled a mountain of food on her plate. I had to get a pic of her chowing down!


And the wonderful cake! Got it from Stater Bros. Marble cake with chocolate frosting. Mmm! I enjoyed it very much! :-)


And here are the guests! These aren't the greatest pics but I tried. I should have asked someone else to take pics so I could mingle.

Top: A mixture of people. A friend from high school, some ladies from my dad's church, and a lady that I work with (I mean... worked with. Cause I'm now on maternity leave! Woo hoo!!)
Bottom: My wonderful mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Aren't they just so cute together?? :-)



Two more pics of mixtures of people from different parts of life. Amazing the things that bring people together. :-)



Top: The mom of a couple of girls on the basketball team I coach. And a mom and her three daughters, a family that I know from church.
Bottom: My mom-in-law and sis-in-law again. My mom (in the red top) finally gets to eat. She spent most of the beginning of the baby shower cooking and making sure food was fully stocked. And there is a couple more ladies from my dad's church, Annette and Kris.


Top: A few girls from the basketball team I am coaching. ** By the way, we made it to the PLAYOFFS!! ** These girls are great.
Bottom: Some ladies from my son's school... two of them are teacher's assistants and one is a parent who volunteers in the class a lot. And then there is also Bobbi there at the table who helped me get the coaching job.



Now, on to the winners of the games. Everyone won a gift card.
1. Vickie - She won the Starbuck's gift card for winning the game for making the most words out of the letters in BABY SHOWER. She got 32 words!! Amazing!!
2. Bobbi - She won the Jamba Juice gift card for winning the game "How well do you know the mommy-to-be?" She got a total of 12 out of 14 points. I was quite impressed.
3. Daylie - She was able to catch the most people crossing their legs and saying the word "baby". I've never seen this girl so quite. She was watching everyone like a hawk. She won a gift card to Cold Stone.
4. Beverly - She won the diaper raffle. (Horrible pic, I apologize) Her prize was a dinner & a movie fun pack, which included a gift card to Chili's, two passes to the Krikorian Movie Theater, and some good movie snacks.



Now. we get to the presents. I really did not like this part. I felt like there was a huge spot light on me and I was just burning up. But I was definitely blessed by all the gifts that everyone brought. It was AMAZING!! So, I'm just going to download a bunch of the pics of the gifts. I don't think a caption is necessary for each one. The first one is me in front of all the blessings before I started opening the gifts, and the rest are all pictures of some of the gifts.



So, I know that is not pictures of ALL the gifts but I hope that makes you feel like you were at the shower. I know it's nothing like being somewhere in person but I hope that you enjoyed the walk through the baby shower! :-)


No comments: