Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and share in my journey. This journey started in February of 2009 and I am hoping to stay strong. Every time you leave a comment it truly encourages me to stay healthy. Thank you to everyone who has ever left a comment and to everyone who will leave a comment in the future. You would be surprised how easily you can encourage someone with just a few words. If you would like to see a little bit of where I was, please check out my first post on Day 1. I have been encouraged by so many other healthy bloggers out there as well. This journey will last me a life time because it truly has to be a lifestyle commitment. I also hope that you can be encouraged by my small triumphs. Thank you all for your support!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

So...

I am finally writing my post to catch up anyone who has been reading this blog. I know that there hasn't been that many of you but let me do some catching up for those few supporters that I do have and truly appreciate.

So, my last post was on March 20th. Wow!! That was a LONG time ago. For a couple of weeks of that time our internet was completely acting up so I had no access to it. At first I felt like I was totally missing it but then at them same time it was also a bit freeing, not stressing about emails and blogs. But I knew I still wanted to get back to it! And then we recently moved so we had to wait for the service to transfer. So, now that we are back up and running, I can get back to it. Woo hoo!

So, let me give a little update on my Jillian workouts. I, sadly, have not done them in at all in this whole past month. I was very disappointed in myself since it is an amazing workout. But I am working on getting back to it tonight. I think I am going to push myself up to Level 2 and see how that works for me. I'm sure it's going to be killer!! In addition to this workout, though, I need to find some other videos that I can alternate it with. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Even though I've been missing my Jillian workouts, I've still been managing to get in some good exercise. I've organized about 3 games of ultimate frisbee, a basketball game, and hopefully soon I would love to organize a game of kickball! I am also coaching my son's soccer team and I am very determined to run with them when they have to do laps and I am trying to make sure that I do drills with them and somehow work the coaches in to the scrimmage so I can run around with them, too. We only play on a mini soccer field but I definitely still get a workout with them. I have been trying to take my dog (and my son) out for a walk regularly, which I am unfortunately not very consistent with yet.

Since I have started this journey, I have lost about 6 pounds. I am now weighing at 188 pounds and I am really to start kicking this in to gear. So, if anyone has any great workout suggestions or quick healthy meal ideas, I would greatly appreciate them. Also, I have TONS of boxes of Macaroni and Cheese and if anyone has any suggestions for some creative different ways to cook it or add to it, I would love that, too. A couple days ago, I grilled some hot dogs on the George Foreman (which I love), sliced them up and put them in the mac 'n' cheese. They were good!!

So, that is my update on my journey! Sorry there are no pictures. Have not downloaded any of them since the move. I hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments: