Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and share in my journey. This journey started in February of 2009 and I am hoping to stay strong. Every time you leave a comment it truly encourages me to stay healthy. Thank you to everyone who has ever left a comment and to everyone who will leave a comment in the future. You would be surprised how easily you can encourage someone with just a few words. If you would like to see a little bit of where I was, please check out my first post on Day 1. I have been encouraged by so many other healthy bloggers out there as well. This journey will last me a life time because it truly has to be a lifestyle commitment. I also hope that you can be encouraged by my small triumphs. Thank you all for your support!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

2 out of 3

MEETING #1

Yesterday I met with one of the three friends that I am seeing this week that I haven’t seen in a long time. Her name is Sandi. She was so gracious as to invite me over for breakfast so that we could have some wonderful fellowship. She made me breakfast and we talked about this book that I’ve been reading.

This book has really challenged me to be a better wife and a better servant of God. I would not say that I am quite there yet but is quite the challenge – especially since I am so SELFISH. This book opens your eyes to what God’s description of the wife’s role is in a marriage. It really changes your perspective. I was constantly reminded that I need to my duties as a wife, regardless of what my husband is doing (not that he’s doing anything majorly wrong) because I will be accountable to God for my obedience regardless of what anybody else is doing. I thought this book was great. I borrowed it from Sandi but I think I will have to add it to my library.

So, Sandi made me a wonderful breakfast. She made a breakfast quiche with eggs and ham and all kinds of good stuff. She also made fruit salad with blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries – all from her backyard! The breakfast was very delicious. I took pictures of everything in the preparation pans. I was going to get a picture of my plate so you could the goods in the quiche but I know that Sandi thought it was a little weird that I was taking pictures. But she knew why I was doing it. J Here’s the food:


Sandi and I had a great time of fellowship, catching up on each other’s lives and sharing how God is working on us. She has committed to us doing one on one discipleship. I fully believe that she is woman sincerely seeking to be obedient to God – in her marriage, in her family, in her ministries, and in her life. I have been truly blessed to know her. She has great wisdom to share. Thank you Sandi for taking the time to share it with me!!


MEETING #2


Today I got to meet with my other dear friend, Heather, at her home. She recently had her third child so I had no problem going over to her home. Her three children are great kids but they are definitely a handful. In addition to her own 3 kids, she also babysitting her nephew. This boy is quite the character. He was very unhappy when his mommy left but he eventually warmed up to hanging out with us. And once he calmed down, he was SO adorable. Unfortunately, I took ZERO pictures while I was there even though I had plenty of opportunities. Heather and I just had a great opportunity to fellowship and catch up on each other's lives. It was much needed to time since it has been so long. We will need to plan more days, especially when my son is out of school so that the kids can all play together.


So, tomorrow, I meet with my next friend for the week. Her name is Grace, and she has been my best friend for ten plus years! She was the first person to invite me to church (Thank you God!!) and she always challenges me to simplify my life and have more of a servent's heart just as God intended. I can not wait to see her tomorrow. Although, I know I need to get lots of rest tonight because I know we are probably going to have a LATE night tomorrow night.I'm so excited! In addition, after meeting with my friend, Grace, I will be even better able to answer a question that was asked of me about missionaries in one of my previous posts. I know but Grace has actually lived out on the mission field so she knows even more about it than I do. So, look for the missionary post probably on Thursday night!


Have a great night everyone!

1 comment:

Lou Bosshart said...

It looks like you had a lovely few days! I always feel stronger after being in the presence of positive friends. They're truly a blessing.