Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and share in my journey. This journey started in February of 2009 and I am hoping to stay strong. Every time you leave a comment it truly encourages me to stay healthy. Thank you to everyone who has ever left a comment and to everyone who will leave a comment in the future. You would be surprised how easily you can encourage someone with just a few words. If you would like to see a little bit of where I was, please check out my first post on Day 1. I have been encouraged by so many other healthy bloggers out there as well. This journey will last me a life time because it truly has to be a lifestyle commitment. I also hope that you can be encouraged by my small triumphs. Thank you all for your support!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

I just want to apologize for always waiting until Monday to wrap up my weekend. I keep thinking that shorter posts are the smarter way to go but since we moved, my hubby and I have been sharing one computer and that has NOT been fun. I didn't realize how inconvenient it would be to only have one for awhile. So, I'm in the process of figuring out a new plan.

So, I will try to keep this as short as possible which shouldn't be too hard since I didn't do too much this weekend. So, here we go...

SOCCER AWARDS NIGHT
On Fridday night we had the end of the season awards night. This OFFICIALLY means my soccer season is over. :-( Actually, I'm kind of happy and sad about (if that's not weird). It is quite the commitment but it also was a lot of fun.

The awards show was great. They had a guest magician come and entertain the kids and parents. He was hilarious. He did nice tricks and interweaved throughout his show was the gospel message. I absolutely loved that. The kids (and parents) were entertained and they all heard about Jesus.

It was a great night. I wasn't allowed to do any video taping which is a bummer but I did get some pics of my kids and stuff. Unfortunately, one player did not make it to the show, so I STILL have not gotten a picture of my whole team. So sad but enjoy the pics.

The kids chatting up before the show started. I took pictures during the show but they were watching the magician so intently that it looks like they are zoning out on the TV.

Then the magician asked some coaches to come up. He just called out 3 names (boy was I relieved that one of the names wasn't mine! He had up there doing some funny stuff.
And this is my final team picture (minus one player, Joel). This a good group of kids!
So, that officially wraps up our soccer season. Basketball sesason will start in August/September and I have not decided yet if I will coach for that. I think I might just enjoy being a team parent. We shall see...

SATURDAY MORNING HIKE

My friend, Bobbi, invited for a hike with some ladies from her work. We went up to Mt. Rubidouz in Riverside. It was about 20 minutes away from where we live (could be an hour or longer drive when there's traffic) so that was nice. Bobbi picked me up at 6:30am. I don't know what I was thinking because one thing that I was really excited about since soccer was over, was that I would I finally be able to sleep in on Saturdays. I guess I will have to wait until next Saturday. But it was worth it. I really enjoyed the hike and I enjoyed meeting Bobbi's co-workers.

This is what we saw when we got to the top of the hike. I thought that was so cool. We should have planned to do a little devotion. Maybe next time... right Bobbi?? :-)
We were all going to bring something for breakfast to share with everyone. Three of us brought things and we all brought strawberries. I was the only one who only brought strawberries. Bobbi brought strawberries and blueberries. And Sandi brought strawberries and grapes. It is definitely the perfect time to buy strawberries here.

Here's my little serving of fruit. And then after that I kept going back for grapes.

Here's a pic of me and Bobbi. You're probably wondering while we look all bundled up. Believe it or not, it actually sprinkled a little that morning and was still a little chilly... Perfect hiking weather!
So, for the most part that wraps up my weekend. For the rest of Saturday, we pretty much did nothing but relax which is exactly what I wanted to do. It was nice. Sunday we went to church in the morning, and then did more relaxing. It was great.

I'm pretty excited about this week because I'm going to be meeting up with three beautiful ladies that I have not seen in a long time. I'm so excited. All three ladies have impacted my life at different times and they are beautiful women of God. I'm meeting with this morning, one tomorrow morning, and one Wednesday night. I will post about each lady at some point after meeting with them. So, I should probably get off the computer since I'm meeting with the first beautiful lady in less than an hour. Have a great Monday everybody!


2 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Don't feel badly about waiting until Monday to wrap it up; the blog world can wait, and your family definitely comes first. :-)

Looks like the kids (and coaches) had a great time at the awards show.

Hope you have fun getting together with your friends this week!

No Longer Using said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww that is a great pic of you and bobbi. yay another great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so awesome you and bobbi can go hiking together!