Thank you for taking a moment to stop by and share in my journey. This journey started in February of 2009 and I am hoping to stay strong. Every time you leave a comment it truly encourages me to stay healthy. Thank you to everyone who has ever left a comment and to everyone who will leave a comment in the future. You would be surprised how easily you can encourage someone with just a few words. If you would like to see a little bit of where I was, please check out my first post on Day 1. I have been encouraged by so many other healthy bloggers out there as well. This journey will last me a life time because it truly has to be a lifestyle commitment. I also hope that you can be encouraged by my small triumphs. Thank you all for your support!

Monday, June 22, 2009


Hello Everyone!!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Father's Day weekend. We did. It was the first one in our home. But let's back up to the rest of the weekend first.


We started off Saturday morning with the enjoyment of sleeping in!! I have not slept in on a Saturday morning in such a long time. Last Saturday was supposed to be the first Saturday to sleep in but I couldn't resist the opportunity to go on a hike with my friend, Bobbi. I was tired but it was totally worth it.

But after we finally got up, we made our Saturday productive. We made ten bags of lunch (which included PB & J sandwich, grapes, banana, granola bar, bottle of water, and a capri sun) which all had two Bible verses (one inside and one stapled outside) and went to a park and handed them out to homelsss people. The Bible verses that were:

Inside the bag:
If you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
For with the heart a person belives, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
Romans 10:9-10

Stapled on the outside of the bag:
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Our son was so excited about doing this. He's 9 years old and he expresses often that he wants to be a missionary and even though that sometimes scares me (due to some persecution that missionaries encounter in other countries) we also want to feed that desire in his heart.

We were out for a couple of hours prayer walking, handing out lunches, and praying directly with some of the people. Afterwards we were pretty exhausted. So, we went back home, ate lunch, and rested until we went to a game night with some friends. It was good times. Every game they did men vs. women and they get pretty competitive. They had plenty of food there (but we actually had already eaten).

Now, this about the time when I would normally insert pictures of the evening but I was lame and forgot my camera. We tried to take pictures on our phone but they just turned out blurry.... Bummer.

But it was a great night and I got to see one of my really good friends for the first time in a few months. She's going to school to be a pharmacist and she just finished a really rough quarter. So, now she can hang out now. Woo hoo!!


We started off the day by me and my son Tyler getting up early to clean up the house a little bit and make breakfast for dad (Taylor). We put our gifts on the table. right next to where he sits at the table. Here's what we got him together for Father's Day:

Carrot seeds, an Herb Grow Kit, Watermelon Seeds, Tomato Grow Kit, Strawberry Grow Kit, and a vegetable starter garden- which had seeds for squash, garden beans (green beans), lettuce, and cucumbers. He was really excited about this because we have been wanting to start a garden
For Taylor's breakfast we made him a hot dog omelette covered with shredded cheese. And then we used salsa to spell "DAD" on it. In addition we made biscuits and had grapes on the side.

Then we rushed to church. I really love my church. The pastor speaks the truth straight from the Bible. After church we had lunch with the in-laws as we almost always do. We went to Panera which I really love. A lot of the kids came out today (since it was Father's Day) to church and lunch with us. There were seven of the sibling-in-laws at lunch with us including my husband (there are 12 total). It was nice.

After lunch with the in-laws, we treated my parents to bowling for Father's Day. My parents are really good at bowling. I was always surprised that they never did it professionally. It was good times with my parents. My bros were supposed to come but they kind of flaked out. And then I don't know how it started but whenever someone did really good, Tyler and I would say "WOOOOOOOOW" Tyler wanted me to video him doing it just so you all could see it. :-)

And here's a pic with me and my parents before we left the bowling alley. My parents are awesome!!
Then after bowling, we had about an hour to rest before heading over to the in-laws for the Father's Day dinner at their house. They have pasta every Sunday at their house so we still had that but then afterwards my father-in-law opened his cards. This is always tough because his birthday was last Sunday and now it's Father's Day. And now that we celebrate Father's Day in our home, it's going to be even tougher because my hubby's birthday is also going to be this Thursday! What a busy month!

After we left the in-laws we pretty much went home. And then from there I was pretty much ready to go to sleep. I was pretty tired. Going in to the weekend it didn't seem like we had that much stuff planned but now I feel like we didn't have a moment to rest. Oh well. It was good times!

I hope everyone else had an awesome weekend!! Now to start the week!


Emily said...

Sounds like a great weekend and a wonderful father's day with your family.

So nice that you handed out lunches and verses to the homeless. I'm sure they were so thankful to be blessed through your generosity.

Kamran Siddiqi said...

I love this whole post! I especially love what you did with the omelet! That was really creative spelling out "Dad" on the omelet (if I would have tried to have done that I would have made a mess of the word, and it would have ended up spelling "OAO."